Computer Sciences Department has the advising to help students throughout their academic program and to follow up with their performance and achievements in their undergraduate program. It instills in the students hands-on experience, academic achievements, cultural awareness, athletic importance and spirits, community services, and many other student affairs benefits that the University upholds.
Following are the objectives of the advising and career guidance:
- Assisting students with admission and registration/ providing guidance in course selection in keeping with the student's interests, values and abilities.
- Assessing and advising the academic, career and personal development of each student and encouraging the student to achieve academic and career goals.
- Identifying courses for the student to satisfy degree requirements.
- Monitoring academic progress of students; analyzing progress reports from faculty members; determining eligibility and satisfactory progress toward degree.
- Maintaining and updating student files and records.
- Interpreting and explaining college and university policies and procedures; participating in preparation of orientations and presenting academic information to the new students and their parents during the orientation.
- Checking various forms for accuracy such as grade checks, overload petitions, curriculum changes. Gathering and/or calculating necessary information such as GPA's or enrollment statistics; preparing various reports as requested.
- Evaluating transfer transcripts from other academic institutions for equivalencies and application to a degree program.
- Inform students when faltering or receiving academic warnings and guide them to improve the academic level by looking at the results.
- The academic advisor at the end of each semester submits to the head of the department the names of students who have dropped out, talented and the expected to graduate at the end of the semester.