The college of computer science have advising system. At the beginning of each semester the unit of advising system arranges meeting with new students to introduce them to college/department’s study plan, and components of courses, and understand the regulations.
Student academic advising unit of the department arrange meeting with the students to facilitate academic counseling and personal advice to guide the students on the right career path.The student counseling and personal meeting with the faculty members help to identify the student’s difficulties in academic activities and support to overcome the same. The departmental student affairs committee deals with the student’s personal, family, psychological issues which are voluntarily presented to the academic counselor.
With the beginning of each semester new students are distributed to the advisers in the department. The electronic system at the college show each student his advisor and each the list of students allocated to each advisor.
Student academic advising unit in CE department has advising plan to provide the following activities
- The students who enrolled in the Computer engineering degree program are divided into groups of about 20no’s(average). Each group is assigned to a faculty who is referred as the academic advisor for that particular group. List of students under each assigned faculty are reflected in the academic registration as well.
- Every semester, academic advisors used to conduct meetings with their advising students(Its kept mandatory at least 2 meetings should be conducted in a semester). Academic advising forum is also formed for discussing the issues faced by the student during their period of study. Every Student takes appointment with the advisors so that the issues faced by them can be resolved to a great extent.
- The academia system provides full facilities for the students to contact his respective advisor online in case if any urgency.
- Assisting students with admission and registration/ providing guidance in course selection in keeping with the student's interests, values and abilities.
- Assessing and advising the academic, career and personal development of each student and encouraging the student to achieve academic and career goals.
- Identifying options for the student to satisfy degree requirements.
- Monitoring academic progress of students; analyzing progress reports from instructors; determining eligibility and satisfactory progress toward degree.
- Maintaining and updating student files and records; documents all pertinent student information.
- Interpreting and explaining college and university policies and procedures; participating in preparation of orientations and presenting academic information to the new students and their parents during the orientation.
- Checking various forms for accuracy such as grade checks, overload petitions, curriculum changes. Gathering and/or calculating necessary information such as GPA's or enrollment statistics; preparing various reports as requested.
- Identifying options for the student to satisfy specific degree requirements.
- Evaluating transfer transcripts from other academic institutions for equivalence and application to a degree program.